Is your furnace acting up, blowing cold air, or making too much noise? Don’t get left in the cold! Our qualified team members can service and repair any make and model heating system keeping you and your family safe, warm and cozy.
When choosing to repair or add an air conditioning system to your home or office, it is important that the system is the right size and capacity for your space. This is why Phoenix Air Conditioning and Heating carries, installs, and services all makes and models of equipment. We will fit your home or office with a custom solution to meet your unique needs.
About Phoenix Air Conditioning & Heating
Since 1997, Mike Van Deren, owner and operator of Phoenix Air Conditioning & Heating has been a leader in heating and air conditioning services in Orange County. His standards of ethics and excellence in the service, maintenance and installation of heating and air conditioning products have made Phoenix Air Conditioning & Heating an industry leader throughout Southern California.
Air Conditioner Replacement in Lake Forest, CA 92630
“Phoenix Air is great! They replaced our old AC unit quickly and efficiently. We would highly recommend them!”
– Roberta R.
Air Conditioner Replacement in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92679
“Phoenix Air replaced our two AC units and Furnace in 2017. They went above and beyond making sure everything was installed correctly. We highly recommend this business !!”
– Martha R.
Hussein Was AWESOME!
“Hussein was AWESOME! Arrived early, thoroughly investigated all options as they relate to potential problems, walked me thru what he was doing and why and I can tell he’s a hard worker. Thank you for sending him!
– Joe N.
Worried about your utility bills? According to statistics, as much as half of the energy used in your home or business goes to heating and cooling. So making smart decisions about your heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can have a huge effect on your costs — and ultimately, your comfort.
Industry expert reports state that 72% of HVAC units are incorrectly sized, 68% are improperly charged and 70% have improper air flow! Phoenix Air Conditioning and Heating can solve all these problems for you. Because we have been in the industry for 20 years, we are partners with the leading and trusted brands of HVAC systems and can install and replace missing, defective or corroded parts at factory prices.
You can be assured that your units are in good hands with our team of experts. So what are you waiting for? Call Phoenix Air Conditioning and Heating. We stand ready to tackle all your HVAC issues.
With all the options available for setting your programmable thermostat, it’s easy to get confused. Of course, this defeats the purpose of a programmable thermostat––it’s designed to for you to “set it and forget it,” making your life easier. It’s worth taking the minute or two it takes to read this to clear up anything that may be confusing you about the process. And you can always call our qualified technicians here at Phoenix Air Conditioning and Heating to help you with anything you don’t understand.
Traditionally, “set it and forget it” means setting your thermostat at one temperature and just plain leaving it there. Forget having to worry about it or change it. The philosophy behind that mindset was constantly changing the temperature to attempt to save money on energy actually didn’t save anything. Studies have since shown that behavior isn’t accurate at all, and changing the temperature in different situations does save you money, especially here in South Orange County, CA. So with a programmable thermostat, “set it and forget it” takes on a new meaning. You can program your thermostat once with the temperature changes specified and then forget about it.
How to Set Your Thermostat
Depending on the type of programmable thermostat you have, there will be somewhat different options. That said, most programmables work on the same time options: Wake Time, Sleep Time, Leave Time, and Return Time. Be sure when programming your thermostat you enter realistic times accurately reflecting you and your family’s schedule. You want to get the most from your thermostat.
A few things to keep in mind prior to setting your schedule:
- Install name-brand batteries, and change them annually. Cheaper batteries don’t have as long of a charge in them. You want your thermostat working when you need it.
- Feel free to temporarily override your set schedule and adjust the temperature when needed. This override automatically cancels and resumes to normal programming. Don’t select Hold/Permanent/Vacation (depending on your thermostat, and unless you’re actually going on vacation), and just choose Temporary.
- Avoid cranking temperatures to extremes with the mindset of heating up or cooling down your home quicker. The system doesn’t work that way, and it just uses up your energy faster, costing you more money. Your equipment will heat or cool your home just as fast setting it at the accurate temperatures.
Here’s how to generally set your thermostat:
- Be sure to follow your manufacturer’s instructions.
- Choose either Heating or Cooling for whichever you’ll be doing, obviously dependent on the season.
- Set the temperature for weekdays by setting the switch to heating or cooling and selecting the weekday program. Start with Monday or just weekday, depending on your model, and select the time and temperature for that day(s) you’d like your home to be. Then continue with the remaining times for that day(s) with temperatures. For example, you may want your air conditioner to cool your home to 72 degrees at 7:00 a.m., so when your alarm goes off at 7:30 a.m., your home is cool for you. Then when you go to bed at 11:00 p.m., you would want to set your air conditioning to 76 degrees at 11:30 p.m. so you’re saving energy while you sleep. The same procedure goes for the heating setting. Many thermostat models allow you to set times and temperatures for four times during weekends. So if you work or leave during the day, you can change the temperature to reflect that and save even more money.
- Set the temperature for weekends in the same manner. However, since most people tend to be home more during the weekend, you may only want to set the temperature for your wakeup and bed times. You can use a temporary override to adjust the temperature if you decide to leave the house during the day at all.
Programmable thermostats are really designed for you to “set it and leave it.” Taking a few minutes when your thermostat’s installed to correctly set your schedule will make your home comfortable and allow you to save money at the same time. Call Phoenix Air Conditioning and Heating at 949-481-0204 if it’s time for a new thermostat or if you need help programming yours. We’re here to help!
Need HVAC Service?
Contact the HVAC experts at
Phoenix Air Conditioning and Heating today!
Phoenix Air Conditioning & Heating services San Juan Capistrano, Lake Forest, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Hills, San Clemente, Dana Point, Mission Viejo, Irvine, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Beach, Aliso Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita and the surrounding California communities with their heating and cooling needs. Visit our service area page for more coverage details, call us at 949-481-0204 or request service online today.